- Communication Skills
- Quality Systems
- Certified Welding Inspector
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
1. Verify and measurably improve the quality of subcontracted material and components
2. Develop supplier quality planning information within SAP and communicate requirements to suppliers.
3. Assist in the management of large component projects that have been outsourced.
4. Plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes, materials, and products related to subcontract, purchased materials, and services.
5. Audit to qualify and assess new suppliers. Audits to monitor and provide feedback to existing suppliers.
6. Resolution of quality and technical questions from subcontractors with input from KMC personnel as appropriate.
7. Support suppliers continue performance improvement. Review supplier performance issues; develop and implement strategies for improvement.
1. Facilitate and coordinate the tracking and resolution of sourcing issues and reliability review items.
2. Audit outsourced manufacturers (new and existing) for reliability, quality, tooling/ calibration, manufacturing process compliance and capabilities.
3. Issue and work with subcontractors to resolve reject-able product deliverables utilizing the supplier corrective action system.
4. Work with engineering and the supplier's personnel to clarify quality or technical requirements.
5. Prepare and deliver project updates and/or action items from information gathered from various KMC personnel and external supplier personnel.
6. Develop QA forms and record them in the quality forms library.
7. Support the quality department through internal audits of the quality system.
8. Develop quality plan books and manuals where appropriate.
9. Audit all key suppliers at least annually to verify quality systems.
10. Visit suppliers in person when nonconforming or delivery issues arise.
Education / Qualification
1. Familiar with Mining and Construction equipment products and custom manufacturing.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with good computer skills.
3. Experience in the metalworking industries; processing, fabrication, heat treat, machining, welding, and electrical and mechanical assembly processes.
4. A good understanding of materials and metallurgy is beneficial.
5. Solid and versed understanding of quality systems and processes.
6. A bachelor's degree in Engineering or a minimum 6-years equivalent training and technical experience.
7. Certified welding inspector – CWI or associate welding inspector - ACWI or 5 years equivalent fabrication experience preferred.
8. A solid knowledge of Gear manufacturing or experience in a Gear manufacturing environment is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.