We are seeking a CEI Project Administrator to support our ITS CEI team in Central Florida. Experience as a Project Administrator for the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) and/or the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is highly desirable. Experience with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) is preferred but not required. Ten (10) years of construction inspection experience preferred. A college degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is preferred and can be substituted for experience. A licensed Professional Engineer with 5 years of experience as a Contract Support Specialist and/or Senior Inspector that is ready to make the move to a PA will also be considered. The right candidate should have experience managing one or more full-time inspectors, and should have most, if not all, of the below qualifications and certifications.
- Monitoring project construction progress by supervising and receiving pay item data from inspection staff, then developing both monthly and final estimate payment packages.
- Responsible for managing CEI projects and marketing upcoming CEI pursuits
- Directs and assigns specific tasks to Administrative staff, Contract Support Specialists and Inspectors and assists in all phases of construction projects
- Expected to participate in marketing and lead future CEI work pursuits for FDOT and local municipalities
- Direct highly complex and specialized construction engineering administration and inspection program
- Reviewing inspection Daily Work Reports, approving estimates, utilizing FDOT Site Manager and Materials Acceptance Certification systems, and writing monthly FDOT status reports
- Managing construction contracts, responsible for taking ownership of the entire project completion process from planning and conducting the pre-construction conference to final acceptance
What you should bring:
- 5 years’ plus of advanced CEI Construction and/or project management experience (preferred)
- FDOT Intermediate or Advanced MOT Certification
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I and 2
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I and 2
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I and 2
- CTQP Final Estimates Level 1 and 2
What We Offer:
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, PTO & Holidays)
- Education & Licensing Reimbursements
- Unique & Casual Company Culture
- 401k with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Metric Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1976 on the principle of providing personalized consulting engineering services. Today, we are among the top consulting engineering firms specializing in civil and transportation projects. Over the last four decades, Metric has successfully completed numerous large, complex transportation projects in the United States and abroad. Our multi-disciplinary workforce and strategically located regional offices enable us to provide both maximized local responsiveness and a diversified technical base. Our clients include local, county, state and foreign governments, as well as private clients.'
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location