A colorado-based multi-disciplinary engineering company, that is 100% Employee Owned, has an open position for an Entry to Mid Level Structural Engineer in our Fort Collins area regional office. The firm is a well-respected, high quality architectural/engineering company servicing the entire Front Range with a unique mix of services within the development and building industry. Our high standards require the hiring of dynamic and capable directors who can perform independently while cooperating within a team framework.
Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a timely, accurate, cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail is essential.
Structural Engineers at RMG-Rocky Mountain Group perform advanced professional engineering assignments with initiative, independence, and creativity, exercising sound professional judgment and problem-solving skills. This open position will provide structural and foundation engineering primarily for building structures.
The position requires the application of advanced knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of structural engineering. Structural Engineers are responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in an equitable manner to our clients. This position requires a high degree of effective communication with architects, professional engineers, design professionals, contractors, and building owners as well as other review groups within the local area. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, interpreting and applying applicable codes, in compliance with applicable codes, regulations and professional standards of care, as well as evaluating alternative designs.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Knowledge and experience of structural engineering principles and advanced knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of structural engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and structures as they relate to present-day building code requirements for reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, wood, and other building materials.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of earthquake and wind engineering, including the ability to implement the related provisions of the building code.
- Knowledge of and ability to review and evaluate building construction documents for accuracy and compliance with state and local laws and regulations including current ICC codes, ASCE 7 – Minimum Design, Loads for Structures, and applicable material codes such as ACI, AISC, NDS, ASTM, NCMA, PTI, etc.
- Knowledge and skill in using a variety of computer programs and technology used in solving engineering problems
The ideal candidate should be a highly-motivated person focused on superior client service and technical excellence with a desire to excel in a fast-paced environment. Minimum requirements include:
- 2-5 years of progressive structural experience
- Colorado licensed Professional Engineer, or the ability to obtain within three years.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor engineering staff
- Desire to be a leader within the company,
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Recognized skills in technical and client-related problem solving
At this company, you will perform within an innovative culture that is focused on transformational change. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multifaceted business. Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our focus and mission statement remain centered on the philosophy of “ Building long term relationships through creative solutions, practical designs, and reliable service ”
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, PTO, 401k, and a casual dress atmosphere.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send resume and salary requirement to the email listed above
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year