Identifies, innovates, and creates new processes intended to create a safer and more compliant working environment. Ensures that FXG policy and procedures are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations and all contracted service provider (CSP) Operating Agreements. Collaborates with the network and cross-functional business areas to develop or improve safety processes. Facilitates implementations using QDM, organizational change management, and other FXG governing requirements, then validates post-implementation. Provides guidance to management on safety process and compliance programs.
- Promotes a “Safety Above All” culture.
- Designs, develops and analyzes safety processes by working with business process owners and subject matter experts to define requirements; creates process flowcharts, assesses potential risks, and analyzes or collaborates on sustainable solutions to mitigate risk. Simplifies, automates, re-engineers, and improves safety processes.
- Leads process assessment or cross-functional improvement teams and managing some or all aspects of projects, including creating project plans, facilitating project team activities and meetings, and ensuring adherence to deadlines and communicating progress and results.
- Analyzes safety performance metrics, regulatory requirements, or current business rules and effectively consolidates technical or safety related information and presents for management review.
- Defines and tracks success and accuracy metrics for the project to ensure FedEx Quality standards are enforced.
- Defines, monitors, and validates safety processes post-implementation. As opportunities are identified, manages and implements process adjustments to improve the control environment.
- Collaborates and maintains a working relationship with vendors and customers as required by the project.
- Develops communication plans and training materials related to new safety processes. Facilitates training or education of new processes to customers as required.
- Adheres to FXG project standards and requirements including defining the Business Requirements Specifications and following the Global Development Process
- Ensures all projects impacting FXG operations follows the FXG Organizational Change Management (OCM) framework and requirements for the project.
- Follows all corporate governance requirements for implementing policy and procedure changes and CSP Agreement safety components and addenda.
- Stays current with local, state and government regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Transportation/Logistics, Engineering, Business, or other analytical related field required. In addition to minimum experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years’ experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years previous experience required in safety, operations, engineering, internal auditor or a related technical field. At least two (2) years leading cross-functional process improvements or design implementation required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Professional designation in one or more of the following preferred: Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Director of Safety (CDS).
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and industry trends related to industrial/occupational safety.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information to various internal and external audiences.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment, critical thinking, and fact-based analysis to develop, influence, and recommend effective and efficient solutions.
- Knowledge and ability to recommend approach to concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to field operations and corporate governance.
- Knowledge and experience with FedEx information technology systems and implementation of new or revised processes impacting the operations
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
Other Job Description Information
This position will be domiciled at the FedEx Ground Headquarters locations in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.
Preferred qualification: DOT Regulatory compliance
% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Job Type: Full-time