BRIDGE DESIGN ENGINEER
Van Cleef Engineering Associates has an immediate opening for an experiences Bridge Design Engineer in our Freehold, NJ office. This is a full-time, immediate opportunity. The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania Professional Engineer License
- 5 years minimum bridge design experience
- NJDOT and/or PennDOT design experience preferred
- Knowledge of current AASHTO LRFD design specifications
- AutoCAD and MicroStation experience
- Experience with structural design software such as STAAD Pro, Mathcad, PennDOT design programs, or equivalent design programs
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of effectively working on multiple projects
- High degree of self-motivation and team-oriented approach
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform structural engineering design and analysis tasks
- Design and/or manage plans, specifications, estimates, and bid package submissions
- Oversee, manage, and provide guidance to junior level bridge engineers
- Attend client meetings and facilitate client development
- Coordinate with multi-disciplined design teams, including subconsultants
- Conduct site visits during construction phase for client support
- May be involved with proposal preparation and quality assurance oversight
Van Cleef Engineering Associates/Cherry Weber offers group health insurance including medical coverage through Blue Cross / Blue Shield, dental and vision coverage. Additional benefits include 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, life insurance, long term disability, voluntary long term care coverage, tuition reimbursement and a flexible spending plan. Salary is commensurate with experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex. EOE.
No phone calls or recruiter or agency inquiries.
We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time