Assists the North Slope projects team which executes projects including Ice Road Construction, VSM Installation, gravel pad construction, well house construction and other general projects. Develops and manages budgets, improves safety culture and processes, develops responses to RFPs and estimates of costs for general work requests, and interfaces with client’s representatives as directed.
This position will be responsible for driving Peak’s Mission, Vision, and Values, a crucial part of the strategic plan to drive success. Peak Oilfield Service Company leads the industry in Safety, Innovation, and Excellence. Peak’s mission is to provide quality-driven, cost-effective construction, maintenance, industrial cleaning, power generation, and transportation services to support resource development companies.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in developing annual budgets by month and provides mid-year and mid-month forecasts, and drafts Work-In-Progress reports (Project Controls for individual projects)
- Assists Supervisors manage work activity to meet budget and schedule goals
- Promotes Peaks safety programs and is accountable for personal safety performance as well as our entire team’s safety performance.
- Completes MBWAs, makes job site visits and audits work that is performed.
- Develops and reviews cost structure build up for lump sum and unit prices.
- Develops relationships with clients and responds to questions regarding performance.
- Reads and interprets contracts understanding risks associated with particular projects and implements risk mitigation.
- Assists with implementation of Job Readiness Checklist and Project Management Checklist through each phase of projects.
- Assists in implementation of Company’s Project Management Manual on a job-specific basis.
- Assists with development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists with the establishment of project requirements, policies, organization, and schedules.
- Monitors quality and supervises final resolution of all items of nonconformance.
- Facilitates early recognition of a project issues and assists in a time or price adjustment as necessary.
- Develops and submits RFI’s for correction, clarification, and confirmation of errors.
- Supervises the completion and compilation of project record documents, “redlines-as builts.”
- Reviews craft timesheets to assure accurate cost coding of labor and equipment hours.
- Reviews procurement to assure accurate cost coding of temporary and permanent materials.
- Develops and coordinates project turnover packages.
- Coordinates the completion of critical activities with the commissioning team during startup and checkout.
- Ensures subcontractors, vendors, and fab shop understand work scope, schedule, specifications, drawings, and quality requirements for each work package.
- Drafts daily and weekly reports to be submitted to clients and Peak’s Management.
- Manages work performed by change order.
- Performs other duties as required or as position evolves
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manages company ice road construction drivers and operators.
- Ensures appropriate levels of personnel for the planned workloads. Works closely with HR to recruit needed work force for seasonal work.
- Reviews and maintains manpower needs for division and specific projects.
- Coordinates with key project stakeholders.
- Provides or coordinates training of new personnel to ensure success and job progression.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints clients, employees and management.
- Ability to write reports and/or articles that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, clients and employees.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, related sketches and work scope descriptions and specifications.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge and experience with Ice Road construction equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with Ice Road building and construction.
- Knowledge, understanding of and experience with environmental potable water regulations and testing procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plan drawings.
- Able to clearly communicate with employees and clients through speech, email and visual presentations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and severe outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles in a mechanical shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection and the use of safety eyewear is required in most working situations.
Conditions of Employment:
Offer is contingent upon ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and other background screening requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work at any time without prior notice.
Bristol Bay Industrial (BBI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
BBI and BBI member companies grant employment preference first to BBNC shareholders, their spouses or descendants, and second to other Alaska Native Corporation Shareholders in accordance with P.L. 93-638.
- High School Degree or GED is preferred.
Required Certificate and Licenses:
- Supervisory experience a must 2 years minimum is required.
- Class A CDL with HAZMAT Endorsement for Doubles and Triples is required.
- Current DOT Physical is required.
- NSTC Card is required.
- 5 years Ice Road construction experience is preferred.
- North Slope experience is preferred.