Communications Coordinator - LOOKNorth
At C-CORE, we are committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic and rewarding employment experience. C-CORE is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with its highly skilled team of business professionals, engineers and scientists. If you are a self-motivated team player and committed to excellence, this may be your opportunity.
C-CORE conducts R&D and provides research-based advisory services, delivering innovative engineering and technology solutions to national and international clients. Over the past 44 years, we have built a world-class team of over 85 dedicated professionals, with a reputation for excellence in Remote Sensing, Ice Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering.
As a Communications Coordinator you will use your creativity and strong writing skills to develop content for print collateral and media platforms, effectively describing and promoting C-CORE programs and activity, particularly LOOKNorth.
C-CORE is open to expressions of interest from consultants as well as those interested in direct employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing case studies, white papers, blogs, and program/product/service information
- Proofreading, editing and writing a variety of content that effectively integrates program/product/service information, brand voice and audience-focused messaging.
- Maintaining LOOKNorth’s website (www.looknorth.org) and social media presence, creating timely and appropriate content and monitoring stakeholder/related social media to identify trending topics
- Staying current and maintaining a library of LOOKNorth collateral materials, as well as source materials such as photographs and videos
- Working closely with internal teams to understand C-CORE/LOOKNorth’s programs, products and services, to ensure accurate and consistent messaging
- Supporting the team’s attendance at trade shows/conferences as well as organizing workshops and other communications events
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills;
- Ability to adapt writing style for a variety of needs and audiences;
- a good comprehension of STEM vocabulary and writing conventions to be able to readily translate them to lay language;
- proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of applications;
- proficiency with multimedia and Internet-based technologies including the ability to readily adopt/adapt to new communications technologies and platforms;
- superior interpersonal communications skills, particularly (proactive internal communications: contacting internal experts and gathering information from them)
- proficiency with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. would be an asset; and
- experience with Social Media strategy and design would be an asset.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree with a strong focus on communications/marketing. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
This position is located in our St. John’s office.
St. John’s, NL
C CORE is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Qualified applicants should forward their résumé electronically to: careers@c core.ca. Please quote Communications Coordinator in your application. For further information, please refer to C-CORE website (www.c-core.ca).
Deadline for Submission:
January 17, 2020
C-CORE thanks all those who apply; however, only those whose skills most closely match the position will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary