Lookingfor a great opportunity to join a dynamic company that provides “Life SavingConnections” to medical, defense, aerospace and commercial industries. Then wemay have the ideal job for you!
We arecurrently seeking an individual of Character; an individual who will have agood Chemistry with their fellow worker; an individual who is Competent; and anindividual who has a Commitment to quality. The individual we seek is for therole of Quality Engineer to join our talented Quality team in our Eau ClaireFacility.
As aQuality Engineer, you plan and coordinate quality programs and activities toensure the quality and reliability of Minnesota Wire products. Additionally,you will:
· Assure the timely, accurateevaluation of product performance prior to manufacturing;
· Develop, execute and/or monitorquality plans and quality engineering tasks, as well as, manufacturing processvalidations and controls to ensure compliance with customer requirements; and
· Provide support for releasedproducts, evaluate product returns, recommend corrective actions, and plan forcontinuous improvements, as assigned.
Some ofthe essential functions of the job include but not limited to:
· Coordinate with the development ofessential design control deliverables including, but not limited to essentialrequirements checklist, design verification, design validation, design reviews,phase reviews, and product release authorization (including first articleinspections).
· Review design inputs(specifications) and design outputs (reports, prints, etc.) to assure thatappropriate design requirements are specified and to evaluate/confirm qualityrequirements prior to successful design transfer.
· Review, approve and develop (asneeded) product verification and validation plans and respective test methods.
· Participate in ECN process toreview and approve engineering change notices.
· Participate in Material ReviewBoard (MRB) to review and disposition nonconformities.
· Work with manufacturing tocoordinate, and monitor production processes to ensure compliance to ISO 9001,AS 9100, FDA QSR, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
· Provide validation support byapplying manufacturing quality tools including, but not limited to: FMEA,DFMEA, PFMEA, IQ, OQ, PQ, control plans, process verification/validation plans,Cpk, Cp, SPC, DOE, process data analysis, and DMAIC.
Toqualify for this position you must have:
· A Bachelor of Science Degree inEngineering or Science-related field
· The ability to read, analyze, andinterpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
· The ability to write technicalreports, business correspondence, technical procedures, as well as,administrative procedures.
We offera competitive wage, as well as medical insurance through United HealthCare. Wehave two high deductible plans and one co-pay / deductible plan. Additionallywe also offer other insurance coverage such as dental, vision, short andlong-term disability coverage, voluntary life insurance as well as criticalillness and accident coverage. As a full time employee you will also be able toparticipate in our 401K program.
MinnesotaWire is a privately owned, custom wire and cable manufacturer with itsheadquarters located in Saint Paul, MN. The company has transformed from a bulkcable manufacturer to an industry leader in custom wire and cablemanufacturing. Minnesota Wire excels in cable assemblies, R&D, testing, anddesign engineering.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off