If you are an experienced developer and have been responsible for managing a team of developers in different worldwide regions, you may be a candidate to join out team. ClearLynx, with offices in Stamford CT, is a SaaS software platform comprised of several software modules focused around a market neutral transaction tool for buyers, sellers, traders and brokers of marine fuel. We are a technology organization with deep roots in the maritime space which gives us a significant edge in the market. For more information, go to https://www.ClearLynx.com
The Software Development Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack.
The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
Package and support deployment of releases.
Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies. Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Provide third-level support to business users.
Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Guide Support Team
Desired Skills and Experience
5+ years as a Developer
Prior experience in a technical leadership position
Required Skills/Core Competencies:
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Preferred Competency Requirements
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance