Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. Please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
Qualities we admire:
Dedicated Achievers, who are relentless about quality and deliver safe and robust solutions.
Motivated problem solvers and product launchers , who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations. Relationship builders, we value relationships and we win together.
User-focused creators, keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus and who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
Curious Learners, who seek out cutting edge research and information to enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
This position in on the R&D team for Surgical Technologies. The individual will we working within a technical team to develop the next generation of Neptune Surgical fluid management system.
What you will do:
Technical Competencies :
- With supervision, works with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success.
- With supervision, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and verifies mechanical components for medical devices.
- Learn procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required.
- Under supervision, design, develop, modify, and verify mechanical components for medical devices.
- Assists with prototyping and bench testing.
- Support problem solving, root cause analysis, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against requirements.
- Under supervision, conduct research and studies to support product design.
Core Competencies :
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and tools, design principles within a regulated environment.
- Basic knowledge of design and concept generation CAD or CAE modeling tools.
- Basic knowledge of analysis tools and statistical methods.
- Basic knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to read and Interpret complex drawings.
Business Competencies :
- Works on problems in limited scope; purposefully learns while gaining experience.
- Demonstrates ownership and integrity of work.
- Builds stable relationships.
- Contributes to the project as a team member.
Med Device Compliance :
- Interpret customer needs and understands design inputs.
- Understand the product’s intended use and clinical procedures.
What you need:
- Understand fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which align with regulatory requirements.
- With supervision, create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file per company design control procedures.
- Learn R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
0+ years of work experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS What you will need (strongly desired):
Work From Home:
- Good understanding of CAD tools (Pro-E)
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Experience in designing mechanical components and systems
- A good analytic and mathematics understanding
- Excels at problem solving (Ability to work through each problem, use case, etc., and find the root cause, then provide potential solutions; methodical).
- Team player
- Experience with performing detailed stack-ups, FMEAs, requirements specifications, etc.
- Injection mold product design (not an expert, but experience)
- Able to design & execute a test protocol to prove a design meets acceptance criteria of a Design Input.
- Good communication skills
- Sheet metal design experience a bonus
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams (Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering etc.)
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.