Must have at least 3+ years’ experience, be able to supervise and direct crews, and manage, communicate, and enforce production goals. Be able to interact with clients, engineers, inspectors and vendors in a professional manner. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent Salary and benefits.
- Responsible oversight and management of asphalt paving crews.
- -3+ years’ experience as a foreman or operator/lead man with paving/asphalt rejuvenation crews.
- Oversee crews & subcontractors paving jobsites located across the VA/DC/MD metro areas.
- Manage compliance with all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Document and ensure corrective action is taken for any safety deficiencies.
- Record employee time accurately and submit for approval by specified deadlines.
- Maintain regular & consistent communication with Senior Field Supervisor, Production Manager and Vice President regarding job progress.
- Monitor workmanship and perform quality control.
- Train new employees.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in the commercial asphalt paving industry
- English speaker, bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- OSHA 30-hour certification a plus
- Must have heavy equipment operating experience
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record is required.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong ability to multi-task and to assess priorities
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must be detail oriented. Effective problem solving and analytical abilities required
- Salary compensation
- Employee benefits package, including medical, dental, life & disability insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- asphalt foreman: 3 years (Required)
- foreman/leadman: 3 years (Preferred)
- clean driving record, driver license (Required)
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture