Founded in 1992, Kingland Systems is an innovative software platform-driven solutions provider. Our solutions provide the largest banks, public accounting firms, retailers and insurance companies in the world with the software tools and data to manage risk, comply with regulations, and improve their operations. Our clients support the very foundations of the global financial system, helping to ensure fairness, honesty, and transparency on a global stage that generates, monitors, and audits trillions of dollars of financial transactions — leading to a better and safer world.
Kingland is unique. While we are based in Iowa, our clients are not. We are an Iowa company with a significant global reach. We provide our employees with the opportunity to "live locally and work globally", combining the Iowa quality of life that we all love, with exciting opportunities to travel the world and work on large projects for large clients.
Kingland is growing. We’re looking for individuals who like to tackle big challenges, want to work on mission-critical solutions, as well as desire to make a difference in the world — and be rewarded for their efforts. Explore all the ways that quality of work meets quality of life at Kingland, and launch yourself on an exciting new adventure.
Java. Spring. Angular. Python. PostgreSQL. AI tech. AWS. These are just a few of the technologies you'll use as a Kingland Software Engineer. Work with clients to better understand their complex and challenging problems. Design solutions using relational and columnar data stores, microservices and cloud architectures, text analytics, and more. Your work will help reinvent the way companies manage risk, compliance, and data.
If you're curious about how technology should work and enjoy solving problems, this is the right space for you. Use your creativity, share your point of view with clients and colleagues, and have enough grit to see the project to its end. It's like a puzzle. You know there are multiple ways to solve it. Every tool will be at your disposal. And you'll be able to test your enterprise software solution ideas with other experienced professionals in the organization.
- Included in the Kingland Career Development Program – a guided program consisting of targeted learning opportunities and mentorship to assist you in career growth, personal development and opportunity for promotion and advancement at Kingland Systems.
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- 3 weeks paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child
- Wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, equipment, and apparel
- Access to company fitness center in Clear Lake location
- Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable donations
- Free on-site covered parking
- Access to company dining facility in Clear Lake location
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Create innovative software designs and accompanying prototypes for Kingland Platform solution requirements, enabling further implementation
- Develop highly secure, performant and maintainable code based on software designs for Kingland Platform solutions
- Leverage automated build and deploy processes to create and execute integration tests
- Identify, fix and communicate defects throughout the software engineering process
- Collaborate with teammates and clients, from requirements review and design to implementation, testing, deployment and triage
- Provide leadership for a team of software engineers, reviewing designs and code to enable continued growth and to foster a culture of engineering excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar track is preferred
- 3+ years of progressive Software Engineering experience
- Experience in Application Design and Implementation
- Java Development experience
- Experience with Enterprise Application Development
- Experience with AWS and Microservices
Indeed Hire and Kingland Systems are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Application Design and Implementation: 1 year (Required)
- Enterprise Application Development: 1 year (Required)
- AWS and Microservices: 1 year (Required)
- Java Development: 1 year (Required)