At Lenovo we strive to put more innovation in the hands of more people so they can do more amazing things. To maintain our leadership and compete in this aggressive marketplace, we are looking to enhance our team with additional talent. We are currently seeking a highly dynamic Process/Industrial Engineer with education/experience necessary to join our growing Engineering team based in our 240,000 square feet fulfillment and manufacturing center in Whitsett, NC (between Greensboro/Burlington).
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
The Process/Industrial Engineer will be responsible for supporting overall facility processes and efficiency, space utilization and layout design. The candidate will use a comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of Process Engineering to complete data analysis and evaluation in support of complex assignments for manufacturing, repair and distribution activities. You will work cross functionally to support operations and drive initiatives and implement world-class lean concepts within Lenovo’s Global Supply Chain organization.
- Improve manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards and IT systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization
- Develop and project manage special initiatives based on needs
- Perform data driven analysis to identify and drive out process waste to improve cost
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Planning, Operational and Serviceability Teams
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years Industrial / Process / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in a distribution/fulfillment, manufacturing and/or repair center
- Demonstrated analytical and data driven decisions
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to adapt to change and deal with ambiguity
- Must be willing to support weekends and overtime as required to exceed customer requirements
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Background in automation and IoT
- Project Management Certification or experience
- Digital Twin or Simulation software
- Lean and/or Six Sigma background
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.