The Quality Lead will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing manufacturing quality functions, including NPD, continuous improvement, and QMS projects. The position will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing quality at Manitou. They will facilitate and lead cross-functional teams in the execution of manufacturing quality deliverables. Assume responsibility for coordinating and leading resources to meet or exceed NPD quality and strategic business objectives. This position will need to work closely with cross-functional teams including Sourcing, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Design Engineering.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of Quality strategy and KPIs.
- Act as the Site Director’s designated quality representative in matters related to product quality, deployment of resources, execution of strategic projects, and ensuring compliance and effectiveness of the QMS.
- Develop and implement road map for the Manitou QMS, including assessment of part criticality, data collection and management, risk assessments, development of the right KPI’s, tracking mechanisms, and governance.
- Develop written procedures and work instructions in support of QMS programs and strategic improvement activities.
- Direct, mentor and train quality team members in the use and application of quality and APQP tools.
- Lead teams in the development of APQP documentation including PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and QFD.
- Review SWI against BOM and assembly drawing.
- Manage strategic quality improvement projects to achieve business objectives.
- Plan and coordinate actions to achieve Quality, Cost, and Delivery targets associated with new and legacy products.
- Analyze data and identify, plan, and execute continuous improvement activities to improve quality and achieve KPI goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of process capability studies and structured problem-solving tools such as fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, and Pareto analysis to identify root cause and deploy effective and sustainable corrective action.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Delegation skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve set goals.
- Highly motivated and able to build close relationships internally and externally to achieve an end goal.
Level of Independence
- Direct reporting relationship with Site Director. Capable of independently managing projects and multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree with minimum 5-years experience, Masters Degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication competencies.
- Strong team building and facilitation skills.
- Strong experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Quality Technician, or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
- Experience with Minitab, Visio, and MS Project software.
- Experience with New Product Develop Stage Gate model.
- Experience with ERP Quality Module, CSI (Infor Syteline) preferred, or similar applications.
- ISO 9001 experience.
Life at Manitou and BRP
At Manitou and BRP, we have a deep connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Manitou Pontoon, Alumacraft, Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, Can-Am side-by-side and all-terrain vehicles, Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, and Rotax motors for karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our more than 14,500 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP Marine Group/Manitou, you will be part of an exciting journey and personally evolve at the heart of an experienced team.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP;
- Twitter @BRPnews;
- Facebook @BRPinfo.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,161.00 - $115,773.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location