Intermediate to Senior Structural Engineer
Element Forensic Engineering provides the opportunity for associates to utilize and expand their technical and non-technical skills in a fast-paced environment, filled with challenging projects.
EFE is currently offering an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Structural Engineer to work in our Burlington, Ontario office.
- Structural design of new residential buildings.
- Manages/works with multi-disciplinary teams on large and complex assignments.
- Liaises with clients/contractors/building owners to facilitate smooth execution of project completion.
- Provide structural recommendations in well-written reports.
- Travel throughout Ontario and possibly other locations on a short notice when needed.
- University degree in civil/structural engineering and P.Eng. designation.
- 6+ years structural design experience. Minimum 3 years experience in wood frame construction.
- Construction/site experience in wood frame construction - On site/hands on residential/commercial construction experience an asset.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Familiarity with Part 9 of the OBC.
- Possess and be able to maintain a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a properly insured vehicle.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Optional Qualifications:
- Familiarity with steel, concrete, masonry, light gauge steel design.
- Experience with REVIT.
- Thorough knowledge of the OBC, Building Code Act and other applicable legislation/construction standards an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,283.00-$104,234.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 6 years (preferred)