Quality Reliability Test Engineer
Currently seeking a talented engineer to function as a Quality Reliability Test Engineer and be responsible for the testing of North America produced vehicles running at local and international locations. The Quality Reliability Test Engineer responsibilities include:
- Oversee fleet test execution for vehicle program
- Facilitate vehicle incident triage & disposition all incidents, write GIMs as needed
- Track daily fleet status and facilitate elimination of risks & delays
- Facilitate spare part availability as needed
- Manage changes to route, procedure, location as plan and late changes demand them
- Support fleet SW/Cal updates as needed
- Support international testing and facilitate remote triage
- Represent the "Voice of the Customer" to the platform teams
- BS Eng or higher
- 3+ years’ experience in a product development position, product quality, or reliability engineering.
- Experience working with or leading diverse teams (e.g. global, cross-functional).
- A basic understanding (minimum) of vehicle powertrain and driveline systems, electronic systems and components and their functions.
- Computing skills covering standard office software and collaboration systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presenting to various types of audiences.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Reliability, or a related field or significant applied experience.
- Certified Quality or Reliability Engineer.
- Design for Six Sigma or Robust Engineering certification (Black Belt, Green Belt).
- Familiarity with quality measurement methodology, warranty analysis, and third party metrics (Consumer Reports, J.D. Power).
- Experience developing/using DFMEA and DVP's
- Basic understanding of vehicle emission standards
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,263.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Auburn Hills, MI 48326: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Quality engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- test engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location