- 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
- 3+ years of experience performing complicated solder, de-solder, fine pitch SMT 0201 or smaller, and wire harness assembly skills.
- 3+ years of lab management experience, lab organization, knowledge of lab safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Strong attention to detail, data collection, and reporting.
- Experience with lab safety, security and quality practices.
- Good understanding of electronics basics and measurement technique.
- Good understanding of lab equipment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Lab engineer, you will work directly with development teams to provide rework, testing, and assembly support to Amazon Devices teams (Kindle, FireTV and Alexa). You will have to opportunity to advance your career by learning new skills from more senior members of the team.
- Educational background of AS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines, ability to work well across multiple SW/HW teams.
- Ability to travel (up to 5%) to provide technical support at other Amazon locations.
- Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary.
- Experience operating RF tester, User study tester, and functional tester.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proficient with Excel, data collecting and reporting.