Senior Flexonics, a leading design manufacturer in the metal fabrication industry, with a long history of engineering and manufacturing excellence, seeks a hands-on individual for an Advanced Weld Engineer position at its Bartlett, IL operations. The company designs and builds components for the world’s largest companies and develops new and innovative ideas for the customers. At Senior Flexonics, our employees are major stakeholders in our company, and we pride ourselves on offering an energizing and enthusiastic work environment.
The Advanced Weld Engineer supports engineering and operations by ensuring reliability of welding equipment, evaluating weld processes, introducing new weld technologies, training employees, and assisting with weld certifications of employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safety: Actively participate in Senior's EHS policies, processes, & initiatives while complying all with all safety & environmental targets, standards, procedures, & protocols.
- Full responsibility for robotic weld programs
- Setup and upkeep of robotic MIG Weld cells (Fanuc/Panasonic)
- Support to manufacturing with machine uptime
- Automatic, semi-automatic, and manual weld troubleshooting
- Responsibility for electrical and safety areas related to welding
- New program and advanced product quality planning lead in weld engineering area
- Development of new weld processes, evaluation and introduction of new weld equipment and technologies
- Project Management for weld related projects and completion of engineering tasks
- Weld analysis and ownership for welding of current products
- Evaluation of defective materials and weld problems and developing improvements
Qualifications and Skills
- BSME or BS in related metallurgical field with a focus on Weld Engineering
- Proficiency in robot programming language(s)
- Technical support experience in all related welding technologies
- Experience in developing new techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of welding codes, soldering codes, and certification standards
- Weld Controller, welding and joining metallurgy knowledge
- Experience in Lean Methodologies and implementation, commensurate with job responsibilities
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills
Benefits and Perks
Senior Flexonics offers a competitive compensation package that includes market-led base pay with Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness benefits, 401K with Company match, Vacation, Golf League, and other benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE M/F/D/V/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $82,000.00 to $94,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- programming welding robots: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement