IT Engineer - Greenville, SC
ACUMEN JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Onsite IT Engineer
Department/Team: Acumen IT Services Business Unit
Location: Greenville, SC
Reports to: Team Manager
Status: Full Time
A utility technician whose primary responsibility is to provide PC break/fix support to onsite and remote users. The position will be based at client site in Greenville, SC, while working and collaborating with the remote IT team at Acumen IT’s main office. Being the sole support onsite the engineer will need to be self-motivated and take initiative for proactive maintenance as well as assume responsibility for assigned activities and tasks without direct supervision.
Responsibilities and activities will be assigned to this role by end users via our ticketing system. The engineer will provide first level IT Support for all local IT issues including PCs, mobile devices, wireless, VOIP, printers/scanners, AV, LAN/WAN, physical connectivity, etc. The engineer will have remote assistance from their assigned team to escalate technical issues as needed.
- Provide world-class customer service to our clients.
- Success in the IT Engineer position will be based on the engineer’s ability to meet or exceed our clients’ expectations and by meeting/exceeding the Service Level Agreements (SLA) specified in Acumen IT’s customer agreements.
- Improve the customer satisfaction of the accounts with whom the IT Engineer interacts.
- Identify opportunities to improve the managed services delivery model and process and work with staff, peers, and management to improve and enhance the breadth, depth, and quality of services provided.
The engineering position will act as the systems administrator/engineer for our clients with duties including, but not limited to:
- Documentation of resolutions, observances, time worked, and client/internal communication
- Concurrently manage multiple priorities and open tickets/issues/cases.
- Regular communication with other engineers and management
- Serve as resource to enter necessary documentation into our standard documentation system.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem resolution relative to customer technical issues that cannot be easily resolved and that prove to be challenging and time-consuming.
- Serve as the first line of communication to users requesting support. Answer phone calls, voicemail, email, and tickets by responding to the clients in a timely manner in concert with the customer’s service level agreement as defined in the Support Plan Agreement. All verbal and written communication must be of a highly professional and grammatically correct fashion.
- Create tickets as necessary to log and track client requests in the ticket system, documenting all actions taken in relation to the client.
- Check for new tickets on the team board regularly, ensuring that the customers’ SLAs are met.
- Communication with end users as required: keeping them informed of ticket/incident progress, notifying them of pending changes and agreed outages.
- Virus/Spyware Eradication
- Parts/PC delivery and setup assistance
- Smart hands on site when working with remote support engineers
- Assist with projects for Managed Services/Professional Services as needed
- Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services and IT security and compliance are being met.
- Intermittently, responsibilities that fall outside the scope of this role as defined in this document may also be included in the engineer’s job duties.
- Provide customer support, including the troubleshooting of issues with computer/server hardware, network/internet connectivity, email, active directory, software applications, etc. Fulfill client requests for password and user account administration based on documented procedures
- Properly escalate tickets to a higher level of support as necessary, securing assistance of an elevated skill level to effectively deliver repairs within a reasonable time frame, achieve timely parts delivery, or resolution of any other technical issue that could impact customer satisfaction
- Setup and configure new computers for clients based upon documented internal/client procedures
- Install, maintain, and support Servers, Workstations, and peripheral equipment including customer-sponsored mobile devices.
- Install, maintain, and support network devices such as switches and routers
- Manage email, backup, anti-spam, and virus protection
- Administer user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Monitor Network and computer resource usage
- Monitor and serve all IT systems including phones, copiers and printers.
- Rebuild, repair, and/or upgrade client computers/servers based on documented procedures
- Execute project work according to documented Statement of Work (SOW)
- Ensure the most cost-effective and efficient configuration, deployment, and application of server equipment in our clients’ environments.
- Propose and deliver IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Execute regular/routine preventative measures and monitor and maintain in a healthy state network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Provide training and technical support for system users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Participate in On-Call emergency rotations
- Other items as assigned by management
- Respond to and log all inquiries received from clients via telephone, email, or in-person
- Ask and gather intelligent questions about the client’s business and accurately record the findings within the ticketing system. Create and maintain client-related documentation.
- On a timely basis, enter/update tickets and compose/file detailed documentation for all incoming support requests.
- Maintain and update daily for all tickets well documented and updated case notes.
- Communicate daily with clients regarding the status of open, outstanding, and unresolved tickets
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve client technology issues and service requests.
- Communicate with and report client and internal issues to the Supervisor and other members of the Services Business Unit management team.
- Work with other team members, vendors, and alliance partners as appropriate to collaboratively address client requests and resolve technical issues
- Participate in group discussions, meetings, work teams, and company meetings/events as required
- Enter time on a daily basis, and submit timesheets on a weekly basis
- Dress appropriately for all activities performed on behalf of the company
- Maintain inventory of customer-owned equipment in the office for repair, and ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Attend annual conference session (travel, food and lodging expenses paid) at Lake Junaluska each June to assist in the delegate registration system and the quadrennial voting for conference delegates.
- This role requires strong Windows and PC hardware skills along with a working knowledge of PC repair, imaging and reloading. The individual filling this role needs to have strong time management and “soft” skills, as they will be working alongside and interacting with users on a daily basis. This individual must be flexible and adaptable to changing business environment and needs. A pleasant and professional appearance is a must.
- 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting mission-critical IT production environments. Relevant professional certifications and/or education may be considered for substitution.
- Must possess above-average customer service skills. Need to be able to communicate effectively with owners of client businesses and employees of client businesses. Attitude and demeanor needs to be professional and humble, projecting an eager willingness to serve the client.
- Must be a self-starter, able to function independently, be motivated to remain abreast of information technology, and be a team player willing to take direction from management.
- Communication skills: Ability to speak clearly and to enunciate well, with proper use of the English language in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers. The ability to write clearly and concisely, using proper spelling, for documentation of work done for billing purposes, and updates to tickets.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret fairly complex documents such as flow charts, circuit diagrams, etc.
- Mathematical and statistical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages. Ability to accumulate and calculate statistical data, and to appropriately graph, analyze and interpret the data.
- Computer skills: in-depth knowledge of computer hardware and software. Ability to individually troubleshoot problems and issues without necessarily relying on co-workers. Ability to learn client software programs well enough to perform basic troubleshooting and work with 3rd party vendors to address and resolve issues. Ability to use common Microsoft Office application programs such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to use display projection devices. Ability to perform basic work on printers such as inserting maintenance kits, and basic cleaning. Basic understanding of Active Directory, DNS, LAN/WAN, virtualization, Group Policy, file servers, anti-virus, and backups/imaging software.
Moderate physical effort is required. Most work is performed while sitting, using a desktop or laptop. Some work will require standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs. Lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs. may be required at times.
Desired Role Qualifications
- Microsoft IT Certifications, specifically MCSE 2012 or above
- Certifications: Fortinet, Datto, Cisco, A+, NETWORK+, Security+, Apple
- 2 or 4 year degree in IT or an Information Systems-related discipline
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location