The Project Engineer will coordinate and manage engineering and technical development projects.
· Oversees various aspects of workflow, staffing, budget allocation, and scheduling of the assigned project.
- Duties/Responsibilities: *
· Collaborates with project staff to create a strategic action plan and cost estimates of materials, time, labor, and other resources required to complete the project.
· Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs.
· Recommends and/or analyzes materials, equipment, and practices used in the project.
· Assesses the competence, capabilities, resources, and financial status of vendors.
· Supervises progress of development project.
· Compares the actual cost of development project to estimates.
· Collaborates with design group to change plans if problems arise.
· Analyzes equipment, systems, processes, and systems to identify modifications to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
· Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
· Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices, and policies.
· Collaborates with the operations department to identify and troubleshoot problems.
· Collaborates with project engineers from other plants to share problems and solutions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Basic understanding of ISO 9000 design requirements.
· Proficient with CAD software.
- Education and Experience: *
· Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline required.
· At least eight years of experience in project management, engineering, systems design, or other related field, with at least three years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams required.
_ Physical Requirements: _
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 - $94,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- management: 3 years (Required)
- engineering: 8 years (Required)
- CAD software: 1 year (Required)
- project management: 8 years (Required)
- systems design: 8 years (Required)
- Do you have a Bachelor’s of Engineering degree?
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible