Electrical Engineer – Electrification Team
Ready for a challenge?
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We’re currently on the lookout for an Electrical Engineer to join the MARTIN Electrification team. In this role you will assist with the analysis, design, validation, and release in one or more of the following areas:
- High voltage electric motor controllers
- Onboard electric vehicle charging system
- High voltage battery pack system
- Battery management system
- Vehicle control system
- Vehicle wiring system
- Infotainment system
- Connected vehicle system
- Automated driver assist system
- Autonomous vehicle system
The Electrical Engineer will also be familiar with the entire ecosystem evolving around electric vehicles. This understanding will encompass not only the electric vehicle powertrain, including the battery, motors, charging systems and electronics, but could also extend to the charging station ecosystem and the global electric vehicle market. In addition to understanding the underlying technologies associated with all the various elements within the electric vehicle space, the Electrical Engineer will be tasked with understanding system architectures developing across the electric vehicle landscape. Understanding the critical strategic, market and global imperatives and forecasting future trends around EV design, deployment and acceptance will be essential to this role. Maintaining close contacts with research institutions, labs, automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the industry along with automotive standards societies and other relevant external organizations will also be required.
What you will be doing
- Design, engineer, prototype and assist to production one or more of the following:
- High and low voltage electric motors
- High voltage electric motor controllers
- High voltage battery pack charging systems
- High voltage battery pack systems
- Battery management systems
- Vehicle control units
- Power distribution units
- Smart vehicle wiring systems
- Engage with suppliers, labs, and academia, as needed, to understand market and technology trends in the electric vehicle ecosystem.
- Provide support to Company businesses engaged in the EV Powertrain technologies.
- Work closely with Company divisions to increase understanding of EV Powertrain markets, trends, and technologies.
- Support technology evaluation in knowledge areas for acquisition support, technology landscaping, design consultation, and opportunity evaluation.
- Articulate to a broad range of constituents via written and verbal communication.
- Research and report comprehensive technical findings on topics of strategic and tactical importance to the Company.
- Assist with the scope/definition and execution of projects comprised of internal and 3rd party suppliers and research resources.
- Evaluate and assess technologies in the subject area
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding, expertise and experience working on electric vehicle architectures and systems such as battery charging systems and battery management, energy recovery, battery thermal management, electric motors, and powertrain electronics
- Engineering knowledge of defined requirements and validation of component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements, testing, and validation
- Problem solving mindset
- Minimum 5 years of power electronics industry experience with 2+ years of experience specifically in Electric Vehicle Powertrain Systems Engineering
- Proficient knowledge with Product Life Cycle Management Tools
- Familiarity with DFMEA processes
- Previous OEM and automotive experience
- Previous assembly plant launch experience
- Experience with regulatory requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of Electric Vehicles systems and subsystems including designs, modelling and simulation, materials, chemistries, and electronics
- Knowledgeable of new and emerging research/technology in the subject area
- Intellectually curious with a driving interest in new technology
- Attention to detail
- Technical acumen
- Excellent analytical skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective communication
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Consulting/Consultative approach
- Reducing complexity
Must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
Who we are
MARTIN Technologies is a full-service, global engineering and manufacturing company with capabilities in automotive, marine, aerospace and defense industries. We excel with innovative methods and best practices supporting the world’s best customers. Our global experience in ICE, Hybrid, Electrification, Autonomous and developing new technologies creates an exciting and diverse environment for our team. See more about us at www.haroldmartin.com
Job Type: Full-time