RPM is a startup company that recently relocated from Charlotte NC to Austin TX. RPM designs and builds robotic packaging machinery focused on the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
We are looking for an engineer with a mechanical or electrical bias. Since we are a small company, you will perform a wide range of tasks from initial sales support, applications, design, build, test, installation and after sales support. The position can grow into whatever you want to make it and you will be part of setting the direction of the company.
· Bachelors degree in engineering. Preferably mechanical or electrical.
· Experience with machinery. This could be experience designing, building or working on machinery.
· Good at math.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
· Desire to build a company.
· Ten years of industry experience
· Experience in the packaging industry
· Solidworks or other 3D CAD experience
· Rockwell or other machine programming experience
· Experience with robotics
While we don’t have the tech company benefits package, we can offer the following:
· Highly competitive salary and bonus package
· Very flexible work hours. With exceptions at times due to the build process, you make your own hours.
· Potential for equity
Other requirements for the job:
· Up to 25% travel.
· Ability to perform occasional physical tasks such as mechanical assembly or machine wiring
· Ability to work on a wide variety of different tasks throughout the machine build cycle.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with machinery, is entrepreneurial, and is interested in building a company.
Relocation assistance available.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- industry: 8 years (Required)
- Electrical machine control system design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solidworks or other 3D CAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Packaging Machinery: 5 years (Preferred)
- Austin, TX 78737 (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19