Function as the Systems Engineering Ground Integration Engineer (GIE) for the Ground and Flight Applications Software (GFAS) subsystem within the C3 areas of responsibility in the GFAS IPT within the End-to-End (E2E) Element. Focus will be on the GSE Testing and MPPF Processing. Provide requirements management, ground integration, and engineering support for C3 subsystems to meet GSDO requirements and needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
The GFAS is a System that provides software for control and monitoring of GSE, spacecraft, and launch vehicle for use during processing, testing, checkout, countdown, and launch from the firing room console positions. It includes the integration of GSE and flight vehicle measurements and commands into one or more displays. Software includes applicable applications, displays, and models, and the Ground Launch Sequencer (GLS)
Performing or supporting trade studies and assessments including developing and presenting cost and schedule impacts associated with the trade studies and assessments.
Perform C3 requirement development, integration, traceability, and closure. Ensure requirements are properly documented and linked in the requirements database. Ensure verification and validation (V&V) planning is sufficient for closure of requirements.
Ensure ICD requirements are accurate and properly allocated to the appropriate C3 subsystems and properly documented and linked in the requirements database.
Lead technical issue resolution related to C3 subsystems and ensure integrated solution with the other GSDO Elements. Provide technical integration of C3 subsystems with the other Elements of GSDO.
Leading and supporting Design Reviews and acting as the Change Package Engineer (CPE) for related Program documentation updates including tracking the appropriate Change Requests (CR).
Monitoring development of Test Procedures to ensure the procedures adequately satisfy the Design Verification Objectives (DVOs) and Design Validation Objectives (DVaOs) for the subsystem requirements.
Support the Verification and Validation (V&V) Status Reviews (VSR) and Design Certification Reviews (DCR).
Support Program milestone reviews.
Providing oversight of contractor personnel developing, implementing, and closing test procedures.
Develop and present requirements status to program boards as required.
Bring innovative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking to the team
10-15 years of experience with a MS degree, years of experience can substitute for a MS degree
- In-depth knowledge of the GFAS subsystems and how they are integrated including but not limited to the following subsystems: Auxiliary Power Unit/Hydraulic (APU/HYD), Avionics, Comm and Track (C&T), Cryo and Propulsion, Environmental Control and Life Support System/Hypergolic (ECLSS/HYPER), Electrical, Flight Control (FC), Integration, Mechanical
- In-depth knowledge of how the Master GFAS system augments the Launch Control System (LCS) Monitoring and Control (SMC) capability.
- Knowledge of the GSE that will be used for testing/supporting flight hardware and element processing at KSC
- Understanding of the process flows for the SLS/GSDO/Orion Programs as they pertain to the MPPF facility.
- Understanding of complex computing architecture and the derivation of program level requirements into use cases to support software development teams and test personnel.
- Experience working in the development of a command and control system that supports: real-time control of hazards, ground systems, or launch operations.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle on government programs and mapping it to an Agile development process
- Experience in software architecture development, systems engineering, operations concept development, and verification/validation of a command and control system
- Systems engineering experience on a large government software development contract
- Knowledge of the lower level requirements associated with the LCS and how they are related to the Program level requirements.
- Computer applications used to track and close the Program level requirements.
- Knowledge/experience with software requirements/development tracking tools.
- Software Integration, Verification and Validation is a Plus
Minimum education: Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
Preferred education: Master's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2542
Job Type: Full-time