Please review the below job details and let me know your thoughts.
The Senior Software Engineer position will require strong experience in full-stack, hands-on development, and delivery of distributed, multi-tiered, enterprise-level systems with an emphasis on back-end development, particularly database development. You will work closely with the Product team to understand requirements and business specifications around enterprise ETL solutions.
This position will work as part of a larger development team focused on supporting a data collection platform that aggregates, normalizes, transforms, and delivers data from financial entities worldwide, including custodians, investment managers, managed accounts, third-party administrators, banks, and corporations.
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in the specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in the product.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform the manager on progress of the project, identifying risks early in the process
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements
- Demonstrate a self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- 4+ years with MSSQL database technologies
- MongoDB experience
- Understanding of MEAN Stack principals and implementation, including SaaS, OOD\OOP concepts, framework pattern NestJS
- Experience with design and implementation of best practices for data modeling
- Experience working with DBA’s on debugging and performance optimization
- Comprehensive knowledge and implementation of SaaS architecture with scalability and high-performance data processing
- Strong experience with ETL, SSIS, SSRS, or data transformation processing
- Experience working with DBA’s and Release Engineering on capacity/upgrade planning
- Familiar with Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager- preferred
- Recent experience within the Financial Industry- preferred
Four-year college degree in a relevant field. Computer Science or Engineering degree a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- ASP.NET : 1 year (Required)
- C#: 1 year (Required)
- ETL: 1 year (Required)
- Fianacial domain : 1 year (Required)
- MEAN Stack: 1 year (Required)
- Mongodb: 1 year (Required)
- MSSQL database: 4 years (Required)
- SaaS: 1 year (Required)
- SSIS: 1 year (Required)
- SSRS: 1 year (Required)
- Providence, RI (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19