RC Mowers in Green Bay, WI is looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer with experience in Lidar, Radar, Point cloud analysis, and autonomous robotics in general. You will lead the development of major new products using robotic vision system. This position is eligible for remote work.
We design and build remote-operated robotic mowers and upcoming autonomous off-road vehicles. Check out some of the things we currently build at: www.rcmowersusa.com
You are a critical part of the unmanned autonomous ground vehicle team, bringing new and exciting projects to life. You will lead the company in development of specialized vision system and point cloud data manipulation. This role reports to the Chief Technical Officer, who will provide more of the confidential details on the project. We are a fast growing, profitable, post revenue startup company where you will have the opportunity to earn multiples of your salary though appreciating company stock ownership.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing vision processing algorithms for point clouds generated with LIDAR, Radar, and/or cameras. May include RANSAC, Gig-E, Halcon, and various other methods and programs.
- Develop algorithms for classification and location of objects for decision making.
- Vision system hardware selection and evaluation.
- Complex problem solving – Be the go-to person when there is no clear/easy answers and research difficult technical subjects to find the best solutions
Optional duties (not required, but available depending on your skill set):
- Apply high level technical skills to many other areas of your interest which may include IT/computers, software development, cyber security, or electrical engineering.
- Design and troubleshoot computer, electronic, networking interfaces inside the brains of our autonomous robotic products.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in robotics, computer science, mathematics, or electrical engineering related fields.
- Extensive experience with autonomous vision systems such as radar and/or LIDAR perception, with deep insights into the mechanisms of the sensors, and their strengths and limitations.
- Experience with robotic computer vision point clouds including detection algorithms and point cloud plane detection.
- Familiar with point cloud related algorithms such as segmentation, ICP, SLAM, etc
- Familiar with different point cloud representations, such as voxels, occupancy grids, etc
- Strong analytical skills in linear algebra, geometry, and probability
- 4 years of industry experience in engineering, robotics, software, or computers
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Industry experience with various sensors, autonomous driving, and/or robotics.
- Experience with designing and development of safety-critical systems/components .
- Understanding of common communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, USB, etc.
- Experience with automotive electrical/electronic architectures, computer networking, vehicle networking
- Experience in autonomous driving which may include student contests.
- Understanding of common autonomous vehicle and robotics standards
- Understanding of functional safety ( like ISO 26262, IEC 61508, UL 4600, MIL-STD 882)
- Unique and celebrated problem solver - you are the one who figures out solutions to the hardest problems when no one else can.
RC Mowers values people with independence and initiative, along with those who take calculated risks, willing to push the limits of innovation and problem solving. We have a dynamic team of innovators working to disrupt an age-old industry. If you want to break free of the big company bureaucracy and potentially earn your entire retirement in five years, we would love to hear from you!
This position is salaried, with bonus, and likely include ownership incentives / stock options. General benefits include paid vacation/sick leave, health/dental/vision, 401k retirement plan, life/accident insurance.
We are located near the intersection of Hwy 41 and Lineville Road in Suamico, just a few minutes north of Green Bay.
Check out some of the things we build: www.rcmowersusa.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $240,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Robotics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Vision (Lidar/Radar, etc): 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location