The Design Engineer (EE, CSE) will lead the development and implementation of AmesburyTruth’s smart home products. This will include VOC activities, product design and development, product validation, and product launch efforts. The Design Engineer will obtain a deep understanding of smart home technology and the fenestration market including applications, competitive landscape, suppliers, and customer needs related to smart home and automation products.
Key responsibilities & elements of the role include:
- Obtain understanding of smart home technology and the fenestration market including applications, competitive landscape, suppliers, and customer needs related to smart home and automation products.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of products per business case requirements and specifications. Active projects include smart locks and security sensors.
- Create product validation plans and lead the execution and documentation of results.
- Conduct failure mode analysis and mitigation of high-risk areas.
- Work with Supply Team to develop new suppliers and obtain quotes.
- Lead customer presentations (VOCs, prototypes, customer visits, etc.).
- Assist with Project Management functions such as: project plans, budgets, and key milestones. Drive projects through Stage Gate process.
- Release engineering change orders to load requirements in ERP system.
- Generate new innovative ideas for future products.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout
- Independent problem solver with a focus on execution and delivery of results
- Data analysis – ability to analyze data and recommend action based on the information
- Proficient with C programming for micro-controllers
- Understanding of code for test and validation needs
- Integration of electro-mechanical systems with various wireless communication protocols
- Specification and development of Electro-mechanical systems
- Able to work with app and firmware integrators to operate systems
- Understanding of applicable codes and standards related to powered products (FCC, UL, etc.)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering.
- Passion for product development
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be _inherent in the job. _
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement