About the Company
Founded in 2012, IXIS is rooted in innovative processes for data-driven digital experience and strategic online planning. Our mission is to integrate and synchronize traditional and digital marketing initiatives to recalibrate and connect brands across converging media. We offer competitive compensation packages including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), flexible work schedules, and exceptional growth opportunities.
About the Role*
IXIS is seeking a QA Engineer with above-average programming competency to join the team. The ideal candidate is interested in developing and maintaining in-house, domain-specific QA tooling in addition to integrating established QA and automation tools such as Selenium and Puppeteer. As a QA Engineer with experience in automated testing, your role is to help build confidence in production code and systems through testing, detect unanticipated behavior in production code and systems, and lower the risk of modifying production code and systems. In this role, you will work within the Development team and collaborate with cross-functional teams in service of these objectives. This is a full-time, onsite position in our office located in downtown Burlington, VT (however, we will consider remote candidates at our discretion).
Note: remote work is currently practiced due to COVID-19 social distancing.
- Create detailed test plans describing goals and outlining test cases
- Review technical specifications and design documents, and advocate for high-quality, high-reliability solutions
- Write unit/integration/end-to-end/acceptance tests for existing systems and codebases
- Write tests for new codebases (Test-Driven Development)
- Write failing tests based on reported bug behavior to validate potential fixes
- Collaborate with Developers to fix bugs
- Develop solutions to facilitate efficient manual/assisted testing of systems and codebases by QA Analysts
- Collaborate with QA Analysts to derive automated testing from manual/assisted testing efforts
- Develop integrations with data sources needed pursuant to QA efforts
- Consult with and mentor peers on QA strategies and methodologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, a related field, or related industry experience
- 2+ years of experience with web technologies
Job Type: Full-time