Saturn Power is a progressive Renewable Energy company specializing in greenfield project development, EPC and asset operations. Saturn Power is currently seeking a Land Procurement Agent to serve the Eastern regions of the United States. This position will require extensive travel throughout the designated geographical region. The Land Procurement Agent will report to the Director of Real Estate and Stakeholder Engagement and will work collaboratively with the Project Development team in order to meet and exceed Saturn Power’s ambitious growth targets.
· Conduct land procurement duties in targeted markets throughout Canada and the US;
· Contact landowners and their representatives to arrange site meetings;
· Interact and negotiate land lease or purchase agreements directly with landowners and their representatives;
· Set and track expectations and land lease or purchase agreement negotiating strategies with the development team;
· Assist with coordination of open houses for field operations and projects;
· Develop relationships with area specific stakeholder groups, including governmental, landowner and special interest groups while developing awareness of emerging community issues and keeping asset teams apprised;
· Coordinate/assist in landowner notifications of impending field operations;
· Provide regular status reporting to senior project managers and developers;
· Review/Audit identified site selections with development team;
· Engagement with local townships, councils and planning agencies;
· Review and understand legal agreements, site plans and large-scale project layouts, and able to communicate to landowners;
· Assess property suitability for renewable energy projects through site documentation and confirmation of local electrical infrastructure;
· Operate and complete multiple assigned projects within tight, strict deadlines.
· A successful background in sales, with an understanding of land procurement processes being an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail;
· The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, and other stakeholders;
· Education qualifications will be assessed and considered based on the experience and skill of the candidate.
· Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and associated files is desirable;
· Ability to use CRM and project management software;
· Must have experience or training in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset);
· Land acquisition experience related to Renewables, Oil & Gas, highway and/or light rail transit acquisition or telecommunications is desirable;
· Strong reporting skills;
· Experience negotiating land leases and purchase agreements;
· Valid driver’s license and passport.
· Willingness to travel and be away from home 3-5 days per week.
Job Type: Full-time
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)