Purpose of Position
More than 3,100 cities worldwide trust GTT to deliver reliable intelligent transportation solutions, including 41 of the 50 largest U.S. cities. As cities move into the Smart Cities space, GTT is helping to lead the industry leveraging our history of innovation.
GTT’s culture starts with its people. While we are a diverse set of voices and experiences, we all set high expectations, drive for results, and try every day to make a difference. We fully embrace continuous improvement, not only in our products and processes, but in our career and leadership growth. We are a culture of problem solvers who like to have fun, to innovate, and to serve our customers in an inclusive environment.
As a Sr. QA Engineer you will be responsible for the testing Web/hardware/firmware and supporting deliverables for your application(s). You will be responsible for reviewing requirements and design documents, release notes and user guide, writing test cases and ensuring adequate test coverage for the same. The job requires experience with Agile methodologies, DevOps environment and the ability to apply them in the day-to-day work.
Primary responsibility would be to work on the following:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given feature and craft test plans accordingly
- Work closely with development engineers for designing and implementing Web/hardware/firmware testing infrastructure to validate and plan for anticipated GTT’s requirements.
- Work closely with backend and frontend engineers to gather requirements for testing and help setup and plan test scenarios.
- Perform functional, stress, and performance tests on multiple levels within the system.
- Working with QA team in establishing automated test scripts and scenarios as part of the deployment, and delivery model using task and test automation
- Experience in Firmware related QA automation
- Solid experience with automation frameworks/tools using Selenium (with C# and/or Java preferred).
- Experience in cloud services (AWS).
This position will report to the QA Manager of Global Traffic Technologies, LLC and will coordinate with:
- Web development team members
- Firmware development team members
- Operations team members
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and understand code in C, C# - help us decide what needs regression testing based on changes to source.
- Ability to white box/Black box test firmware/software with some minor capability to unit test using scripts or C/C#.
- Ability to write test software for simulator tools. This alleviates the need to start testing with complete system test and allows for more component level testing.
- Experience creating scalable computing systems with high component reusability, designing application architecture based on data volume, velocity and variety
- Experience with subversion and/or Git hub.
- Experienced using SQL and other database technologies
- Familiarity interfacing software with embedded devices
- Proficiency in Installing, using, and upgrading software development tools and environments.
- Capability to multi-task with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies for software development
- Ability to work in highly fast paced environment and acquire new skills
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- High quality implementation of assigned features and tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to on-time high quality implementation feature/task completion
Background and Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Highly creative, high energy individual with a hands-on style
- Able to successfully navigate cross functional teams
Nice to Have
- Some experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Knowledge of router, cellular air-card, modem hardware and configuration
- Knowledge of networking (SSID, DNS, IP Management, bridging etc)
- Possess product knowledge of Vehicle detection systems, and Priority Control Systems
- Familiar with Version One tool
Born of Danaher, but with a future uniquely its own, Fortive will comprise operating companies focused on creating essential, technology-based solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Fortive has an outstanding heritage in Danaher, which provides a tremendous opportunity from which to launch our new company in 2016.
We will be a $6 billion, Fortune 500 company with a strong foundation of success built over 30 years and an amazing team leading the path forward. Fortive operating companies thrive in a world that demands speed, rigor and agility, and together, we can immediately forge ahead with confidence and action, as we create and implement solutions that address our customers'? most critical challenges.
Like Danaher today, Fortive is passionate about continuous improvement and growth for our associates. The Fortive Business System will be core to our operating model, the cornerstone of our culture, and our competitive advantage.
Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies
Global Traffic Technologies (GTT) is dedicated to providing our customers with the latest technology advancements on a mission to make roadways safer and more efficient.
GTTs Opticom brand has been providing best-in-class priority control solutions for over 45 years. A testament to Opticoms quality and durability is the continuing growth in the customer base, now comprising more than 70,000 intersections and 70,000 vehicles with over 3,100 customers worldwide. This includes 41 of the top 50 largest cities in the U.S.
Our success is based on working with communities to provide the best emergency vehicle preemption, transit signal priority and traffic management systems.
St. Paul, MN
Traffic, Transit, and Emergency Vehicle Pre-emption
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."