Our ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience with programming and running 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC Vertical and Horizontal mills, is a stickler for quality, is familiar with and embraces automation, capable of designing and implementing complex fixturing and machining strategies. This candidate would enjoy sharing knowledge, providing advice, and has a desire to grow as a team member. Capable of quoting programming and machining times with good accuracy.
· Development of machining strategy
· Develop manufacturing plans for production parts
· Develop CNC programs
· Design and specify custom tools and fixtures as needed allowing for quick change over of parts
· Develop machining operations set-up sheets
· Process improvement for production parts (improved run times, tools, fixtures)
· Maintain configuration control on files and job records
· Provide quote inputs for material sizing, programming, setup, and run times.
· Embraces and implements SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies) concepts and quick-change tooling.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in CNC Mill Programming, with experience in the following areas:
· Expert blueprint reading skills including GD&T
· Minimum of 3 years with 4- and 5- axis machine programming and machining.
· Experience on Aluminum, Steels, and high-hardness metal machining.
· Tooling and fixture design experience
· Ability to create Set-up sheets, including tool lists, tool holding, and run operations, in clear written form, and with supplemental pictures if needed.
· Experience creating and modifying STP models.
· Determining optimum feeds and speeds
· Cutting tool selection, and when needed, special cutting tool design
· Excellent Communication – written (on work orders) and verbal (to team members and customers)
· Individual must be self-motivated to prioritize workload to meet project completion dates
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Function at all times in a safety-conscious and alert manner, demonstrate safety as the first priority
· Work effectively with others. Communicate with supervisors, engineers, production control, quality, and other shop personnel to ensure efficient, professional production activity and to resolve machining or quality issues
· Train others on programming and operating tasks for producing repeating high-quality parts with minimal waste
· Detect equipment malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required to ensure the quality of production
· Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment
- High school diploma and 10 years’ experience. Directly related certification or technical degree can be considered towards overall experience requirements
- Knowledge of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machine tools, including the ability to receive and verify CNC files, upload CNC files in to machines, load materials into CNC machines and complete CNC operations
- Must have ability to perform work independently and work within a team-oriented environment
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident. We conform the the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
· Experience with Unigraphics-NX programming language, or ability to learn quickly.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required at all times inside our building. Social distancing is practiced.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 10 years (Preferred)