Under the general direction of the Manager and/or the Maintenance Lead person, provides a wide variety of maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance and installation duties within the scope of the maintenance trade and in accordance with experience and ability to ensure reliable safe, and efficient operation of the facility.
1. Performs a variety of duties using one or a combination of trade skills to construct, fabricate, install, maintain or repair non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery or other facilities of the hospital within the scope of hospital maintenance and in accordance with experience and ability.
2. Receives assignments and work orders; requisitions supplies and equipment; prepares work area.
3. Prepares and maintains logs, records, etc.
4. Applies cost effective measures in utilization of materials and time.
1. Practices safe working habits and keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe.
2. Complies with hospital and departmental work rules and policies.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. Ability to read, write, and speak the English language well to perform the duties of the position.
2. Ability to assess job priorities
3. Ability to interact with and relate effectively to co-workers, other staff, patients, visitors and medical staff.
4. Knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to communicate appropriately and provide assistance within areas of knowledge. Considers age and any special needs.
5. Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
1. High school graduate or equivalent or trade school graduation.
1. At least two (2) years experience in building maintenance and/or construction trades/crafts or comparable experience.
1. Valid Hawaii driver’s license.
1. Graduate of trade/vocational school or apprenticeship program.
2. Trade license or eligibility for license.
3. Certification in one or more trades.
1. Air conditioned, well lighted environment.
2. Exposure to infectious and contagious diseases; body fluids and wastes; toxic/noxious odors; hazardous chemicals.
3. May work beyond normal working hours.
4. Interacts with other departments and personnel and outside contacts.
1. Hand power tools; plant equipment.
2. Personal protective equipment: goggles; mask; utility gloves; Respirator.
Mental and Physical Demands
1. Ability to lift/carry up to 50-100 pounds or push/pull up to 250 pounds with assistance devices.
2. Position involves frequent prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing, standing and walking.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Building Maintenance/construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place