The Controls Engineer designs, builds, and programs machine control systems ensuring maximum productivity and quality levels.
- Provides technical support on the equipment operation for production personnel;
- Troubleshoots and maintains all control and electrical systems used on the plant equipment;
- Provides all aspects of control system execution, from hardware design, system design, network design, software development (PLC and/or PC related systems), and system commissioning;
- Provides after-hours support for maintenance techs either via remote connection or call-in;
- Troubleshoots and maintains industrial control networks including Ethernet IP, DeviceNet and ProfiBus;
- Designs, implements and maintains safety systems for equipment;
- Updates and/or creates machine electrical drawings;
- Implements SQL data collection and reporting;
- Implements poke yokes and works with production team to improve efficiency;
- Manages all controls related projects in plant including determining scope and establishing cost;
- Crosses obsolete/off brand parts to readily available parts;
- Manages and maintains all programs for plant equipment and necessary software to connect to the equipment;
- Supports maintenance technicians including PLC training and electrical troubleshooting;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred;
- RSLogix 500,RSLogix 5000 including GuardLogix,Factory Talk View ME,PNOZ Multi (PILZ Safety)
- STARTER,SQL Database Setup, Reporting Services, Virtual Servers, Network Infrastructure
- Factory Talk Transaction Manager
- Strong cause-effect analytical abilities to solve problems;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with other people.
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Strong time management skills;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Detail oriented.