VCC is searching for Electrical Design Engineer to design and develop Human-to-machine interface (HMI) components and electronic assemblies. You will have an exciting opportunity to optimize existing product design or launch a new one working closely with sales, engineering, and production teams. Serve as a liaison in the sales process with custom design solutions and technical support in winning new business.
- Design and develop HMI components & electronic assemblies to meet customer specifications and internal requirements. This includes CAD design, circuit board design, PCB design, materials selection, analyses, and testing.
- Interface with advanced manufacturing engineering, vendors and production personnel in order to ensure design for manufacturability and assembly.
- Develop and manage project timelines and deliverable schedules.
- Write product specifications, test reports, and related documentation.
- Manage projects and all activities related to the development of new and existing products.
- Provide technical expertise and support to sales and marketing team to communicate products, services and customer needs.
- Create DFMEAs, and develop, plan and execute test plans for new products, as required.
- Actively support ISO and other compliance programs as required, and champion the use of procedures in Engineering.
- Provide technical direction, serve as a point of contact or business liaison, prepare briefings for senior management and assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Assist in training and development of engineers and product support staff.
- Perform other duties and projects as needed or assigned.
To be successful in this position: Electrical Engineer, Design Engineer, Sales Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 5+ years in the electronics industry with a track record of product innovation
- Experience designing low to intermediate complexity level electronic circuits, both analog and digital. LED-based circuits is a plus
- Experience designing one to four-layer PCB from low to intermediate complexity using Mentor Graphics PADS suite
- Experience generating and editing Gerber files using ViewMate Pro (preferably) or CAM350
- Experience hand soldering electronic components both, thru-hole and SMT
- Experience using lab equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, power supplies, function generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Significant experience in working with a wide range of materials including metals, plastics injection molding, epoxies, conductive and non-conductive plating.
- Experience working directly with external customers
- Ability to travel to V CC’s Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico facility 1+ days a week.
- Self-starter and strong team player who goes the extra mile to provide exceptional support and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain technical products to various audiences.
- Effective listening skills with the ability to write product specifications based on customer needs
Salary and variable compensation, 85% paid medical insurance for employee coverage, paid vacation, sick, and holidays, 401(k) matching programs. We are a passionate bunch who work hard, play hard, and respect others at vcclite.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering in electronic industry: 5 years (Required)
- designing electronic circuits(analog & digital): 3 years (Required)
- use of electrical engineering software: 3 years (Required)
- working with external customers: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture