Protegis,a rapidly growing National Fire & Life Safety company with 16 locations seeksa dynamic individual to join our team.
Develop equipment and device layouts, details, diagrams and specifications utilizing AutoCAD.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop equipment and device layouts, details, diagrams and specifications utilizing AutoCAD. Company currently utilizes Hydratec adaptive software.
· Perform site surveys of existing building structure and mechanical systems in order to produce drawing and access fire protection requirements.
· Work with the sales and technical staff to interpret project specifications and drawings, determining system layout.
· Perform calculations and utilize various third-party manufacturer software packages related to the design.
· Compile submittal packages for permit and engineer review.
· Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
· Attend project coordination meetings to establish routing with the other trades and discuss construction schedule with general contractor.
· Make detailed material list,obtain vendor quotes, and place orders for fabrication and loose material. This includes generating fabrication stock list from our software package.
· Maintain proper project documentation including submittals, approvals, material orders and warranty information
· Performs other related duties asrequired and/or assigned by management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Knowledge of Fire Protection systems: sprinkler – wet, dry, pre-action, standpipe, and fire pump. NICET certification a plus
· Prefer at least 5 years of experience in fire sprinkler design using AutoCAD, with formal training, but are willing to train ambitious applicants.
· Must understand the process of construction and the ability to work with general contractor to establish project schedule
· BIM coordination experience is preferred.
· Must be proficient in the operation of a computer with experience using Microsoft Office products.
· Requires strong organization and attention to detail.
· Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and pass pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
***Competitive based on your level of experience and license/certifications held
· Basic life and long term disability insurance provided for all employees at no cost
· Voluntary benefits: medical, vision, dental and short-term disability
· 401k available with company match
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Possibilities for career development in a growing and dynamic company with a culture that actively promotes from within.
Protegis Fire & Safety is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time