This Quality Control position has opportunities for advancement! We want candidates who are either highly skilled in operating/programming a CMM (OR) have a college technical degree and are interested in learning to operate and program a CMM. We are excited to bring in the right person and train them to be a value-added resource in our Quality Department. The person in this role is responsible for inspecting, testing, sampling, and sorting products or goods being manufactured based upon quantity, technical descriptions, and marking standards required by the customer.
K*EY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
· Use of various gages and coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to ensure product compliance. Perform measurement on an optical comparator, height gage, etc.
· Review protocols, qualifications, and validation procedures documented by the organization.
· Audit and monitor quality requirements by performing detailed machine goods inspections in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
· Investigate non-conformance issues or discrepant materials and assists in resolving issues to ensure final inspection clearance.
· Verify goods comply with company and/or federally regulated protocols.
· Complex surface plate layout.
· Complete inspection reports and findings for proper documentation and correction.
· Program and operate CMM equipped with PC-DMIS and/or MODUS.
· Perform other duties and projects, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
· Associate or Bachelor Degree in a mathematics or engineering discipline OR High School Diploma /GED and minimum of 2 years’ related experience in inspection of complex machined parts.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret safety, operating, and procedural manuals, common technical information, and reports, including the ability to read and understand blue prints and GD&T.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Extreme attention to detail, organized, and accurate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form, utilizing critical thinking skills
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP a plus.
· FARO arm CMM and Polyworks experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MODUS/CAMIO a plus.
- Surface plate layout experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- CMM Operator: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement