$20 - $27 an hour
he Project Engineer supports the Engineering Manager and team by taking responsibility for tracking new projects and following the cycle through completion of the project. Working closely with other teams throughout the facility to ensure that projects are implemented on time and at budget, at times having face to face contact with customers to support their needs. Travel is minimal.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Responsible for startup of both prototype and production runs for assigned projects.
2. Responsible for aiding development of Routing; BOMs; Work instructions; Procedures; and Dimensional Layouts.
3. Responsible for review/approval of vendor PPAP’s and Documentation for new and modified product.
4. Responsible for generation of Engineering Changes and completion of PPAP for assigned projects.
5. Responsible for tracking and timely completion of new projects.
6. Participates in APQP & PPAP process for product qualification to end customers.
7. Support the quoting/estimating process for assigned customers.
8. Facilitate opportunities for cost reduction and profit improvement for all product lines.
9. Participate in customer meetings for assigned projects in person and online.
10. Other duties as assigned. Perform all assigned machine shop operations
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
In this position the employee will be working in a combination office/plant environment and may be exposed to airborne particles & moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment can be loud so hearing protection is provided and mandatory in certain areas. Physical requirements are as follows: the employee is required to talk and hear, is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands & arms.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or in a related field required.
· Two (2) or more years of project management experience in medium to high-volume manufacturing environment (automotive, agricultural or industrial preferred).
· Experience in Mechanical drawing/CAD (Solid works).
· Able to support assigned customers for product design, implementation, PPAP, and production.
· Able to work with the customer and suppliers to develop necessary process related casting design.
· Knowledge and experience in APQP Processes as well as Process and Design FMEA's.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $27.00 /hour