Wavefront Dynamics Inc., located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is looking for a Senior Optical Engineer to join us in fulfilling our Mission of “Giving sight to the blind.” Our team is committed to bringing innovative dynamic solutions for measuring the human eye. When doctors measure better, patients see better.
- Senior Optical Engineer participates on a high caliber multi-functional team to drive innovative approaches to product development. Performs high level research and development functions supporting the development of new products and processes.
- Participates and follows through in development activities all the way through the development cycle. Includes defining customer needs, conducting experiments to develop solutions, development of products, verification of product performance, development of manufacturing instructions and training of personnel and documentation to demonstrate regulatory compliance, making presentations and writing technical papers.
- Serves as a technical expert for the organization in the application of advanced algorithms, theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e., subject matter, function, type of facility, or equipment, or product). Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting his/her organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such development.
- Develop algorithms for analyzing optical measurement data
- Develops algorithms and methods for designing ophthalmic treatments
- Analyzes clinical data with statistical analysis tools
- Analyzes performance with advanced tools (Zemax, Matlab, Mathematica, LabView, JMP, etc)
- Develops integrated optical/software systems
- Anticipates technical challenges and finds solutions
- Participates in developing instrument architectures to coordinate optical/mechanical/electrical/software interactions
- Analyzes data from clinical test and verification activities
- Develops test plans to ensure products meet requirements
- Coordinates activities across a project to ensure harmonious operations
- Manage project and technical deliverables to meet the goals of assigned projects
- Collaborate with external technology companies to integrate advanced technologies
- Conducts or participates in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, and other compliance documentation
- Develops intellectual property. Applies for patents. Evaluates patent landscape for freedom to operate.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience following design controls and documenting performance preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of technical work or a PhD is required.
- Direct experience working with team members to collaborate to meet objectives.
- Strong knowledge of optics
- Knowledge of numerical methods
- Knowledge and experience in medical device product development processes preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Medical device instrumentation is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of medical device optics is preferred.
- Proficient in C/C++, Matlab, Mathematica, and/or other language required
- Must possess the knowledge, skill and ability to provide technical leadership on multi-functional teams required
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10%
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $118,000.00 - $143,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance