Aurora North is a Burlington, Vermont-based software company that develops software focused on enhancing legal operations, increasing efficiency, and reducing risk. Aurora North, an industry leader known for providing advanced technology solutions to law firms all over the world, is currently hiring an experienced Implementation Engineer to contribute to our growth and success.
Our company specializes in the installation and implementation of industry-standard legal systems and enterprise solutions. We provide the highest quality software services to the legal industry, including software products for intellectual property law firms throughout North America and Europe. Come work with an outstanding team of passionate, focused individuals while continuing to build your technical expertise and business acumen. The Finance Assistance supports the smooth and efficient operation of our finance team. The Assistant will regularly work with internal Operations teams and externally with client account teams to ensure the timely processing of Accounts Payable and Receivable, coordination of invoicing, and account reconciliation.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the contiguous USA. Must be authorized to work in the USA without restriction as sponsorship is not offered._
This is a part-time position working approximately 5 hour per day, Monday - Friday*_ (no weekends or evenings)*_ typically working between 18-24 hours per week._
Our ideal candidate is curious and self-directed but comfortable working under the direction of our Finance Manager and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition to processing financial transactions, the Financial Assistant will support, recommend, and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the finance team. Going beyond processing financial transactions and contributing to smooth business operations will require creativity in problem solving and a results-oriented approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- A/R and A/P processing
- Assist with coordinating monthly invoices, statements, and credits to customers
- Reconcile credit cards
- Assist with collections
- Handle routine inquiries and interactions with company staff or external contacts
- Assist with bills and employee travel reimbursements and invoices
- Enter data from various source documents into accounting system
- Assist with required documentation for contractors and assist with 1099’s
- Assist with tax preparation and reporting
- Post daily cash receipts and associated bank deposits
- Assist with various Financial, Operations, and Administrative Activities
Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined in this description are not a comprehensive list and additional job-related tasks may be assigned from time to time. In addition, the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Other Skills, Requirements, and Competencies*
- Good attention to detail
- Adaptability and resilience to balance short-term and long-term priorities
- Self-awareness, and focused on professional development
- Interest and ability to be flexible in a fast-changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism with confidential information
- Continuous improvement focused and adaptable to change
- Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to analyze data and present or communicate information effectively
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent related experience with significant responsibilities
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- An advanced level of experience with Quickbooks Online is preferred
- Experience with Bill.com, and/or Zoho is a plus
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer. Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and performing other essential duties. Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
What We Offer for Part-Time Employees*
EAP, generous paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave, and contributions into your 401(k). We have a fun and healthy workplace culture with a focus on good balance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $24.00 per hour