Company Overview: Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer with successful and progressive experience in developing bid packages, calculating project costs, selecting suppliers, procuring materials and services, interpreting project plans, scheduling project work activities, providing project oversight, interfacing with project personnel, and helping to ensure successful project completion and close out.
Project Engineer - Position Overview: The successful candidate shall have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Marine & Construction.
· Works with the Project Management Team to ensure the successful completion and profitability of on-going or new projects.
· Works closely with the Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive operations program and long-range strategy to ensure efficient marine operations.
· Attends weekly Project Manager meetings to discuss job progress, equipment status, and any problems that are currently being encountered.
· Coordinates and manages development of all new construction with dredges, boats, barges and miscellaneous.
· Coordinates and manages all tugboats scheduling for jobsites.
· Coordinates and maintains all Department of Transportation guidelines for truck drivers and all permits that must be obtained or issued.
· Qualified General Land Office individual as Facility Response Plan Coordinator and Vessel Response Plan Coordinator.
· Coordinates with all Dredge Captains and Barge Captains regarding their equipment and crews.
· Ensures that all equipment is receiving regularly scheduled maintenance under his divisons of management and is part of a preventive maintenance program to ensure longer equipment work life.
· Provides overall project management guidance and oversight to Superintendents and Dredge Captains for current approved marine construction projects.
· Develops bid proposals for upcoming dredging projects and ensures timely submission of completed proposal.
· Estimates costs to be incurred in upcoming projects accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
· Procures materials and services from suppliers for current projects as required by project needs.
· Interprets project plans and specifications as required for customers, suppliers or others involved in the project.
· Schedules project work activities according to plan timelines to ensure timely project completion.
· Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
· Ensures that project team members are provided a safe work environment and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
· Performs other related duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision.
· Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
· All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
· Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
· Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
· Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
· Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.)..
· A B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related discipline and a minimum of 8 years’ experience, or equivalent work experience is required. Prior work experience in the marine construction or heavy industrial and manufacturing industries is preferred but not required. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management & Administration, Marine Construction Materials, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control, Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.
· The incumbent must have the ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the business; be an effective communicator; and have the ability to interface well with employees at all levels of the organization.
· The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Civil/Construction Management: 8 years (Required)
- Marine Construction: 1 year (Preferred)