ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, headquartered in Duluth, MN, is a team consisting of Engineers, Technicians and Support Specialists committed to providing a premier level of service to our customers in the pipeline industry. We provide many services to the pipeline industry, including but not limited to: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a key position as an Electrical Engineer II at our office in Omaha, NE.
This position is responsible for engineering and detailed design of energy related (oil and gas, utilities, manufacturing) projects from inception through to delivery. Projects will be multi-disciplined covering civil, mechanical, and electrical scopes, with a strong focus on the power, controls and communications area of the projects. Responsible for the successful delivery of each project through management of internal staff, external contractors, financial control, and strong management of change.
- Perform CAD design and drafting duties to assist senior engineers in the design of electrical and control systems.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary team of engineers and technicians to complete design of large and complex industrial systems.
- Recommend modifications to senior personnel for approval
- Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for projects.
- Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
- Design responsibilities, engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, and field investigations and construction support.
- Duties will include field wiring and testing of electrical and controls circuits working with both the design and commissioning teams at LSC.
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey and design reports and final project reports.
- Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and Arc Flash electrical studies.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Interact with clients, vendors and contractors.
- Professional licensure will be a requirement in the future as the successful candidate progresses through their career.A preference will be given to those who have successfully passed the FE exam.
- BS in Electrical Engineering discipline.
- 1-3 years of working experience
- Practical or hands-on experience in power, control, and communications systems preferred.
- Ability to think conceptually and drive an idea from conception through to implementation.
- Strong communication and follow up skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Travel up to 25% is a requirement of this position, with possible field engineering support for extended periods. Generally, this position will have limited travel, but projects may require travel to client sites.
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices.This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities.We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately.Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business.Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients.That said, we hire only the best.Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same.This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities.Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication.Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including:
·Bonus potential (LIP)
·Medical, Dental, Vision
·401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
·Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
·Paid time off (PTO)
·Paid holidays (twelve per year)
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance