Lavelle Industries is growing! A solid industry leader who s been in the business for over 100 years, we are seeking an experienced Engineer to complement our operations, including working with automation projects and related improvements. Engineers at Lavelle help to drive quality and productivity improvements in rubber molding, secondary operations, assembly and packaging equipment and processes.
Do you have that combination of process improvement tools and PLC programming tools that allow for optimization of efficiencies and process in a manufacturing environment? Do you have a passion for collaborating with all stakeholders? Are you someone who excels at hands-on troubleshooting and putting your ideas into action? Can you demonstrate a laser-like focus on process improvement and equipment reliability?
Responsibilities for this position are focused on supporting the daily operations of our rubber manufacturing processes. Specific work will include:
- Equipment initiatives related to production optimization and automation; includes planning, purchasing, installation and maintenance of new equipment, and improvements of existing equipment
- Continuous Improvement initiatives including, but not limited to: process analysis and development/improvement of proper TPM and Standard Work, new technology inquiry and research to support corporate objectives
- A high level of statistical analysis to lead efforts to improve existing processes to meet specified outcomes within the PDSA framework
- Respond decisively to quality issues by working with stakeholders to design experiments to drive root cause, identify possible countermeasures, and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions
- Using a collaborative problem-solving approach as part of working with stakeholder teams at all levels of the organization
The right fit candidate for this position is someone who works well within a diverse team to systemically identify and address improvements and gauge their effectiveness. They will also bring to the table:
- A Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering degree with solid (5+ years) on the job experience in a manufacturing environment that includes applying Lean manufacturing principles to the production process
- A portfolio of proven project results that resulted in improved quality, delivery, safety and cost, including PLC programming or related projects in regard to automation or similar
- Experience with project management and leadership
- Knowledge of equipment installation and vendor coordination; includes working knowledge of drafting, electrical, pneumatic, and hydrologic prints and experience with cell layouts and process optimization
- An ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with colleagues and production team members
- Evidence of proactive problem-solving abilities and effective prioritization and organization to achieve desired results
At Lavelle we believe in continued learning, visible problem solving and helping our employees grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including an on-site FREE health clinic, flexible scheduling, casual attire and/or uniforms, and paid vacation and holidays. Did we mention our aim is to "Stay in business forever and have fun!
Interested candidates can apply via our Careers page at www.lavelle.com.