Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Engineering Writer. The successful candidate will join our high performing team to develop technical documentation for the most advanced military sensors and systems, integrated on platforms, such as: F-22 Raptor, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-35 Lightning II, E3 AWACS, E-7A Wedgetail, B1-B Lancer, AN/ZPY-1 STARLite, and AN/TPS-80 G/ATOR.
- Writes/revises technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Research trade journals and review technical specifications, CAD /engineering drawings and design documents, collaborate and work with design engineers, and observe performance of production methods to acquire subject knowledge.
- Determines graphics required for Program documentation.
- Participates in quality review of materials, includes peer reviews.
- Assists to determine appropriate solutions or formulate new solutions to meet requirements.
- Assists to develop Technical Manual Program Plan to describe approach used to meet program requirements.
- Assists to develop or identify elements required to implement the functionality or output of the delivered technical data product.
- Good time management skills
- Ensures all efforts are executed in accordance with the applicable directives, policies, and standards/best practices.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Good problem solving and organization skills.
- U.S. Citizen with Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance (or higher).
- Ability to learn and use Arbortext or FrameMaker and to create structured content.
- Ability to learn to develop technical content based on Government DoD specifications and Statement of Work requirements.
- Ability to learn to develop structured technical content.
- DoD Secret clearance (or higher).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.