SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated mechanical engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of mechanical designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of systems in the areas of undersea defensive systems, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), system design, and other evolving tasking. You will have powerful computer, software, and resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job. You will design and document systems in Solidworks.
Candidates must demonstrate a history of excelling at multiple concurrent challenges and an eagerness and aptitude for learning new things.
- 3+ years of engineering design, modeling, and drawing development in Solidworks
- Must be a US citizen able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
DESIRED SKILLS IN SOME OF THESE AREAS
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability