FACILITIES MECHANICAL ENGINEER
FACILITIES ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
This position exists in the Schenectady County Office of Facilities. The Office of Facilities works to support new construction, renovation, and maintenance of County-owned facilities. Typical projects include mechanical and electrical building systems installation and upgrades, facility renovations and new construction. Assignments are received from the Director of Facilities, who outlines the goals and objectives of the project together with scheduling needs. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Perform engineering design for the construction, renovation, and maintenance of buildings and facilities including the design of mechanical, electrical, and other building systems.
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provide project management and construction administration including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and coordination with engineers, architects, and contractors.
- Inspect and assess existing buildings and facilities to serve as the basis for project planning, recommendation, and budgeting.
- Supervise the work of and provide technical guidance to staff engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university and six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Experience performing engineering design work from conceptual phase through construction document closeout, including development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates for commercial, healthcare, and/or institutional mechanical/electrical systems and facility renovation/construction projects.
- Experience in construction administration and project management of commercial, healthcare, and/or institutional construction and renovation projects.
- Good working knowledge of relevant Federal, State, and Local codes and standards, including but not limited to the NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code.
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience working in AutoCAD
- Experience with public work bidding procedures and requirements
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $86,505. Excellent benefit package includes New York State retirement, generous health, dental, vacation, sick and personal time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $86,505.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused