Pietro Carnaghi USA Inc. is the USA branch office of Pietro Carnaghi Spa in Italy Manufacturer of Machine Tools since 1922.
Leader in production of Machine Tools large Vertical Lathes and Gantry Milling Machine. Since 1970, more than 1000 machine systems Worldwide (please visit our Web site at www.pietrocarnaghi.it)
Pietro Carnaghi is heavily investing in the USA increasing the skilled Work Force to support our growing USA Customers in Defense and Aerospace through our US organization located in Rockford IL.
· Career growth
· Competitive Salary
· Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Retirement Plan contribution (401K)
· Short and Long Terms disability insurance and Life Insurance at no cost for the employee
· Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Performs and oversees the installation, repair or replacement of equipment on CNC controlled large VTL and large Gantry milling Machine Tools.
The role of our CNC Controls/Software Application Engineer is to start up new machines and support Customers in production.
Activities will include runoff, installation, CNC turnkey programs, training customers, warranty support and additional onsite support based on customer needs after machine warranty expires.
- Control integration to external automation, RFID and FIS integration, customer training, software changes and updates as well as retrofits of our turning and metal cutting milling machine tools.
- Interpretation of error messages and systematic trouble-shooting and repair
- Customer contact and support via phone, e-mail and remote online communication to machine PC
- When needed extensive customer support onsite for turnkey sold by the Company and ramp up of Customer production.
- PLC/ladder software design and development with Step 7 Siemens and Ladder Logic for Fanuc CNC controls and understanding of high-level language (C++, C#, etc.)
- Ability in CNC configuration and programming, understanding of HMI designs
- Debug basic PLC/ladder features
- Read and understand basic electrical and fluid power schematics
- Willingness to travel. The position could also involve customer machine acceptance and training at the OEM in Italy and therefore will require a valid passport.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read mechanical, pneumatic, electric and hydraulic prints
- Customer support oriented
- Ability to work systematically and independently
- Knowledge of various control systems (Siemens 840D and Fanuc 30 and up)
- Good communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of spindle and axis drives on CNC machines
- Understanding of ISO CNC G and M code programming
- Basic troubleshooting skills in electrical, PLC, or CNC systems
- Familiar with automatic tool changer, automatic spindle unit changer, pallet changer and probing cycles
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer science or related field from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience) or equivalent proved field experience.
- Entry level to 2 - 6 years’ experience (not including education)
- Experience with Siemens Step 7 or Siemens 840D Controls Fanuc 30 series and up.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- similar position: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off