Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you!
Description of role:
As a software engineer at Wheel, you’ll jump right in and work on projects that are critical to the success of the company. Our engineers are self-motivated, versatile, compassionate and can work equally well in highly collaborative settings as well as those with little direction.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Design, build, deploy and maintain frontend and backend services that scale with a high growth company
- Maintain best practices and strive to write high-quality code
- Participate in regular code reviews and pair programming as necessary
- Collaborate with product, design, and leadership to develop winning products that help move the business forward
- Engage in regular standups, sprint planning, grooming / sizing, and retrospective meetings
- Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
- 5+ years experience full-stack development building real-world web applications in production environments
- Recent experience building web applications using various languages and frameworks including Golang, Node.js, React, Ruby on Rails, Vue
- Experience using AWS services including EB, API Gateway, CodePipeline, etc
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests
- Experience using various database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Passion for learning new technologies quickly
- You are a collaborative engineer and a nice person who works well within a diverse team
Indeed Hire and Wheel are working together to find the best candidate for this job. By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Modern, open-source web application frameworks: 5 years (Required)
- Austin, TX: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)