Own and maintain the TENA validation process, including leading the validation organization to provide support for all North American customers as required, and ensure all required validation is planned and executed, issues triaged, and test reports completed and filed as required.
Company Expectation of Employee
- Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Company
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about departmental issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and maintain the TENA validation process, including documenting the process flow, test report proformas, and generic statement of work
- Understand the industries specifications / purpose of tests / test set-up and operation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry standards
- Work with customer validation engineers and TENA design responsible engineers (DREs) to develop and get sign off on both component and finished goods test plans
- Support TENA DREs with issue triage, root cause assessment, corrective action planning, and revalidation as required
- Lead the RFQ and supplier selection process for 3rd party test execution
- Maintain an up-to-date list of 3rd party testing suppliers, and add new ones as required to keep up with testing workload
- Manage all aspects of testing lab
- Develop and execute a plan to add in-house testing capability, including facilities, staffing, processes, methods, and tools / equipment
- Add and plan for lab budget
- Prepare cost estimates
- Attain in-house lab certification and buy-in from North American customers to utilize the new in-house lab for validation testing
Qualifications Experience, Education and Licensure
- Knowledge of Design Verification and Validation Requirement and Techniques
- Knowledge of USCAR and OEM-specific Validation Processes and Procedures
- 2 - 3 Years Testing Experience
- 3 - 5 Years Management Experience (Preferred)
- Excellent Excel skills to manage data analytics, otherwise general computer skills required
- Good organizational and data management skills
- BSEE or BSME (Preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 – 3 Years’ Automotive Wire Harness Design experience (Preferred)
- 2 – 3 Years’ experience with OEM Product Development Process (Preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, written as well as verbal
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information to management, work groups and customers
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
Americans with Disability Specifications Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Automotive Wire Harness: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Lab Testing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location