The Senior Business Intelligence Developer acts a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) delivery. This position analyzes business intelligence needs and requirements and provides data storage, analytical, or reporting tools in response. The position is responsible for developing and producing complete and accurate reports, reporting applications and dashboards to meet the expectations and specifications of internal customers. The incumbent consults with internal customers on the most effective reporting methods, creates reporting solutions, and provides instruction/training to internal customers so they may independently access reporting assets. Utilizes data mining techniques and develops data models to assist in the visualization and interpretation of data. This position provides training, mentoring and coaching on EDW and BI delivery.
% of Time
- Analysis, Design, Development:
Develop and maintain Power Business Intelligence (BI) reports, and BI dashboards to meet business requirements.
Design, develop and manage reporting solutions.
Develop, maintain and update documentation to support the BI environment and ensure consistent and reliable procedures and change management is completed.
Publish reports developed for broad distribution.
Support BI technologies of SQL Server, SQL programming, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
Utilize source control software to maintain integrity of production software, including prior versions of code.
Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
Train key users on BI tools and solutions.
Work with business and technical teams to analyze and prepare specifications and documentation according to departmental standards.
Consolidate and help standardize data integration efforts across multiple data sources and destinations.
Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback.
Work independently and as a team player to deliver world class data services on behalf of the company.
Provide expertise to ensure the Company achieves implementation of corporate solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for the business intelligence platforms.
Function as the primary support resource for other internal team members on business intelligence platforms.
Monitor all environments on a regular basis and resolve any issues/problems that occur.
Triage and provide analysis and/or validation on issues arising in systems.
Control and maintain access to reporting environment. Ensure that corporate security requirements meet business security requirements
Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
Provide training and to education on EDW and BI delivery.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Computer science, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong understanding of data, multiple database structures and their applications in the reporting environment.
- Knowledge of report creation processes, including data & report formatting, drill-downs, filters, report scheduling, etc. Creates derived/calculated dimensions & measures using available software functionality in support of the reporting process.
- Deep understanding of report creation processes, including data & report formatting, drill-downs, filters, report scheduling, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with exporting, importing, and transforming data from SQL to other formats such as delimited raw/text file, Excel, and XML.
- Ability to manage deliverables from requirement definition, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical design.
- Perform work with a high degree of latitude while following agreed upon standards and procedures.
- Ability to handle and resolve the most complex issues.
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to identify technological and other problems, research and analyze issues from different perspectives, organize information, reach sound conclusions while demonstrating logical reasoning, and make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams and vendor representatives to implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, persuasively, and tactfully with diverse individuals and groups; elicit important information; gain agreement when appropriate; and effective listening skills.
- Takes initiative to research, suggest, and initiate improvements and efficiencies in processes, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects, be adaptive to critical needs, and share expertise as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with customers, stakeholders, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and the Company's cultural and other values.
- Commitment to achieving the Company's key results.
- Ability to work in typical office conditions with frequent use of computer equipment.
- Flexibility to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish regular and ad hoc job responsibilities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Knowledge of and experience with the Health Insurance industry.
- Experience with Health Rules (claims processing software).
- Proficiency in data modeling and profiling.
- Practical Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life cycle.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- .NET development experience (C#, ASP, MVC).
- Experience with enterprise scheduling.