Primary responsibilities are to work with customers to provide technical support for crane business and to be a liaison with Engineering for the supply of engineering activities in support of development of new initiatives.
1) Responsible for the development, support and achievement of crane sales.
2) Provide necessary technical sales support for sales and end users.
3) Work with Management to increase sales, distribution and product development of bridge cranes.
4) Provide technical assistance and arrange for Engineering to perform engineering activities in support of all OEM opportunities (current and future) as well as new projects, products, or services related to new initiatives.
5) Coordinate and manage the communication and documentation requirements between Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
General Job Responsibilities:
1) Develop sales strategies, direction, and growth plans.
2) Assist in the sales of crane products by making joint field sales presentations and providing technical sales support.
3) Develop documentation, processes, and procedures as required by distributors.
4) Proactively work with Management to identify distribution opportunities, improve existing products, identify and develop alternative solutions and maintain distributor relations.
5) Assist on large inquiries to provide technical support in order to better secure these opportunities.
6) Interact with Marketing to provide technical data necessary to produce sales literature, price sheets and pricing programs.
7) Provide technical support to Marketing for advertising, projects, web site development and new product initiatives.
8) Respond to immediate request from Management for technical sales support.
9) Work with field sales, when required, on technical needs as required by field salesman or distributor.
10) Gather information necessary from Engineering to complete tasks on schedule. May include arranging for Engineering to provide engineering calculations, interpretations of industry CMAA regulations, product design and Product Support information.
11) Coordinate with Engineering to receive approval for all Engineering related projects before implementing to customers.
12) Coordinate, with Sales and Management, the technical requirements and communication to HSI and its suppliers.
13) Coordinate with Engineering and Purchasing to source potential or alternative vendors for OEM product support.
14) Provide technical support and analysis to Executive Staff, Sales Management, Operations Management and Sales.
15) Assist Management and coordinate with Engineering on new product development. This includes project’s concept, work included, work not included, assumptions, work break down & man-hour estimate, and schedule.
16) Assist in development of crane estimating software and improve process and quoting procedures for HSI personnel.
17) Ability to learn and understand the distribution make-up of the industry and the relationship between various channels of distributors.
18) Develop, coordinate and present written sales presentations with distributor sales personnel and end users to promote growth.
- College engineering degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in industrial equipment preferred.
- Strong understanding of industrial distribution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Participation in HSI sales meetings and training.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and persuasive skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Industrial Equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location