STATE OF MONTANA
Montana state government is an equal opportunity employer. The State shall, upon request, provide reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Helena, MT
Division and Bureau: Central Services Division (CSD)
Department Mission: To protect producers and consumers, and to enhance and develop agriculture and allied industries.
Central Services Division, Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides IT support for the entire Agency including but not limited to Network, Relational Database, Hardware & Software support, as well as development and support for the systems used in each program area. Specific areas of support include the following:
- Planning, coordinating and delivery of information resources and services for the Agency.
- Systems analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of information processing applications utilizing relational databases.
- Hardware/software support for wide variety of platforms.
- Desktop workstation support.
- Network administration for the network and applications servers.
Job’s Overall Purpose:
This position is typically responsible for business process analyses design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of comprehensive software systems. Projects range from small scale applications to large scale agency wide applications. Provides project leadership, ensuring that work is completed according to plans, standards, guidelines, specifications, schedule, and budget. Assists in maintaining and enhancing the Department's network assets which includes maintenance, operation, security, and system design of software and network infrastructure to support the application architecture.
For additional information and to apply directly please go to:
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 1-2 years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
The agency will accept alternative methods of obtaining necessary qualifications to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.41 - $31.41 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees and visitors to the building are required to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place